One of Those Code of Conduct Lessons

In our next example, we're going to look at what can happen at a company if people don't treat each other with mutual respect. Kim Yang has just transferred to a new division, and she's about to meet Hans Gabbert, another GlobeCo employee.

Kim: Excuse me. I'm transferring into this group. My name's Kim Yang.

Hans: Ooh, welcome my little lotus blossom! My name's Hans.

Kim: Nice to meet you, Hans...but I'd really prefer it if you called me Kim.

Hans: Of course I'll call you Kim, little lotus blossom, if that's what you want.

Kim: Yes, it most certainly is what I want, thank you very much.

Hans: Ooh. Sweet and sour. Hey, speaking of the Far East, I was watching a thing on TV about that oriental sex guide, Kama...Kama Sutra or something, wasn't it? You would know.

Kim: Would you please stop.

Hans: Well, I was going to send in the 15 Euros to get the DVD. You know they couldn't show much detail on TV. But now—well, now that you're here, you can show me for nothing.

Hans's behaviour is inappropriate. He's being disrespectful of Kim's gender and her ethnic heritage. All forms of harassment and illegal discrimination are prohibited by the code of conduct.


-=Just found this to so irresistably funny=-

Comments

Anonymous said…
hehe..funniest thing I read in several days..Kinda took away some of my grumpy mood.
kC said…
Literally burst out laughing when I had to do the quiz. Thank goodness it wasn't a group discussion.

Popular Posts