Some are born into greatness, some are thrusted to it. The rest of us will have to slog it out to get there...

Greatness has never been a mere judge of a single dimension. Greatness defines itself through a multi facated kaleidoscope of talent and being. It seems the definition of greatness would be in the greater balance even with the greater scheme of things.

Sat on a table, 3 men of similar age each with the above, bound with a certain degree of friendship and respect. Yet the above criteria applies...

I found myself frustrated that no matter what I do, I can never reach the two former phrases. There was no show or display of greatness, no flashy boasts. It was pleasant, informative... yet I found in a darker side envy festering. I hate myself for being the latter... Perhaps where I've been has dulled the edge, maybe I've not pushed enough, fought enough... Tried hard enough, explored hard enough...

Uttered many a century ago, what will it take for a mere mortal to be a demi-god?

Comments

Popular Posts