Listening to: Apology, Our Lady Peace
Thinking of:

Life shouldn’t be random, but you can’t always get what you want.

Frailty

Dramaticized or otherwise, dealing with human frailty and pain has never come easy. What does one say when a 15 year old catches a fatal disease and a useless suicidal moron keeps his life for another day?

How do we deal with these frailties, are we too blind to see ours, do we treasure life as a greater gift than it already is? Do we hide behind fascia of strength when we ourselves stand at the edge of a precipice.

The simple concept of frailty defies all that most of us (at least myself) know about everyday life. We wake, we work, we search for fulfillment and then we rest. It hurts to even think that whilst we progress, some struggle for the first breath of the morning and to shut their eyes wondering if they’d ever open again. For those that we deem strong, pillars of all that is strength… I bet that just intensifies dread should the swift swoop of frailty finds its next victim.

I had a grand essay in my mind about this… I don’t know if I can bear to bare it. 

Comments

Popular Posts