A little word, a little woe, joy abounds


Listening to:Somebody Loved Me, Reel Big Fish
Feeling: Confused

The past couple of days have been pretty interesting, not only did parents surprised me with a trip to Thailand (which also the cause of my concern) but the roller coaster ride of expiriences and emotions is nothing special but surely out of the ordinary.

Right, the interesting bits... Thailand... The only object I spent money on was a leather postman bag of which I've wanted for quite a while. Nope, this one doesn't have some fancy brand (though I so wanted to pop by LV in Bangkok just for the sake of seeing the concept). The rest of my money was spent on food (loads of it) and various expiriences like parasailing, speedboat rides and having a good laugh. Of course, I got back with a couple of bruises on my hand no thanks to small wakes while zipping around islands. But it was good fun, I mean hey, its not everyday someone like yours truly flies (umm... quite literally) around in a boat. Parasailing was fun, but it was way too short... admittedly there wasn't much of an adrenaline rush with that one but it felt good to be alone in the air for a while, some serenity that comes with it I guess.

For the first time though I've travelled without a journal to record my doings and my thoughts and feelings. Well, for one... its kinda hard having to write one with family around. I don't know why either. But truth being that I didn't want to write... I know what I was feeling and sure enough I knew what my thoughts were going to be (its not hard when one is obsessed with something other than enjoyment). It was good however to be distracted from the distraction in my life by other things like good food... (oh my poor stomach, with all those chilies... mouth says yum, tummy well... couldn't make up its mind)

Somehow Malaysia has this strange nostalgia carrying effect... Being usually balanced in the UK, I so easily get affected by things around me in Malaysia. Things I thought I long forgot and hid at the back of my mind will recur and will trouble one's self. Hmm... bizzare... I blame it on Char Kuey Teow. Oh, did I mention I've been really random these days?

Pictionary has been the order of the holiday in KL so far. Its so far have brought me to the ground rolling in laughter. Lots of good jokes and loads of smiles. Silly mistakes are laughed at and forgotten and well, I hope at least some old friendships have been restored. Perhaps I should bring a set back to the UK... Pictionary anyone?!

Comments

Popular Posts