Dumplings...

Listening to:August Day Song, Bebel Gilberto
Thinking of:

In several moments, I'll be having dinner with the family I'm living with... and in many ways, I'm finding this harder than having dinner with the girl's parents. For starters, Mr. and Mrs. T are hard hitting mandarin speakers and that goes for Little T. as well. As for me, I'm rubbish... my mandarin is like its uttered from the back of an overweight badger's ass. Fear- 1, Kelvin- 0

Now, lately I've been dashing around, leaving the house really early or late enough that nobody is around and been back when everybody is asleep. It's not a crime and it's not within the contract but with a family as willing and nice as these guys, the guilt kills you. In fact, this is the first day I've stayed in since I moved in almost 15 days ago, and because I think I've burnt off too much money while in London over the earlier part of the weekend. Fear- 2, Kelvin- 0

My room's in a mess... By the way, my opinion on mandarin being relatively easy to understand once you know cantonese is now residing somewhere at the bottom of the Marianna's Trench.

Consolation: Spent the morning watching cartoons with lil' T and attempting to blurt out some sense in mandarin.

Comments

Popular Posts