Put a Sock in it!

"Oh My God!...Help! I can't die like this. I have holes in my little mermaid underwear. Help!"


Over the weekend, I rediscovered The Critic on youtube, an old cartoon series which I adored over it's short lifespan.

Similarly, Paul Wolfowitz, World Bank President was caught with holey socks as he exited the Ottoman era Selimiye mosque in Edirne, western Turkey, Sunday, Jan. 28, 2007. We all know he's a busy man... but being caught with his socks out like that... Hmm... and by the looks of it, caused mainly by not cropping his toe nails either.

Now, yours truly knows how Paul feels being caught out by socks with holes. It's alright in a culture where you walk right in to an establishment without removing your foot couture, but around this part of the world where the removal of footwear is neccesary and considered courtious, attention on proper socks is almost a neccesity.

Worse so, when meeting someone for business meals. It's quite possible that no matter how good you are at what you do, hoisery wardrobe malfunction may just affect perception on grooming and subsequently attention on detail.

That said, Paul Wolfowitz must've done something right... did I hear something about selling one's soul?.

Cheers

Comments

Popular Posts