This Flight

As we ascend, leaving the Klang valley behind. This common flight seems less ordinary every minute.

25 minutes after departure: A young lady bearing the name Aida an air stewardess gets a drink for yours truly and the passengers around. As she entertains the request of 2 others, a battery of mandarin escapes her lips which lit up ones’ eyes as she carries a very Malay last name.

Aida: Tall but petite lady with a nicely tied up bun of hair behind, slightly off tangent from her delicately made up look. After being told to take out my table for my laptop, and she insisting, I gathered that she’s from Kuantan, the same town as both my parents. Short verbal exchanged ensues and I shrink back into my shell by apologizing for taking up her time.

She’s got the cutest smile, and incredibly engaging eyes. She is endowed with a small face, complemented by a very delicate set of features, pretty to say the least.

2 gents on my right: Obviously well educated, one at least educated in England from a young age, read accounting and finance whilst in University and running his own business. Speaks to his counterpart of days gone of British politics, art, morality and of course, his son’s obsession with the Playstation.

The former gentleman spoke of a time when he supported his siblings to study abroad when his parents passed on. Something I truly admire and the reason I started writing this. His demeanor is casual, his words friendly but authoritative. My guess would be he’s in his mid-40s, a successful man yet humble and unassuming. He looks forward during conversation, giving his audience attention. In this case, full attention. Another 30 minutes pasts, he obviously can’t drink.

The other, a listener and a contributor. Possibly assisting the business of the other and seems to be in agreement of the former. His posture is relaxed in his seat, his legs crossed and clad in an extremely bright shade of yellow, suggesting he’s an engineer or a business man. Don’t ask why, it’s a stereotype I keep in my mind, probably influenced by people around while I was growing up. A contributor, as mentioned earlier… his conversation scope covers what seems to be mutual acquaintances with the other gentleman.


Comments

Popular Posts