20-20, Retro Vision

Monday in drag

Make no mistake, today’s Tuesday.

“Did you hear bagpipes?”

“Yeah”

“Good, I thought I’m just about losing it…”

This pretty much sums up the tone of what today has been, well… still is.  It all started with waking up at 6 to finish a presentation for tomorrow, a rushed breakfast, 45 minute commute to the yard, meetings, walk about in the sweltering heat and then more meetings.

In between it all, the plague called IT rears its head and proceeds to feed information of which requires “urgent” input.  So, multitasking is the order of the day and e-mails composed as I walk and talk to others about matters nothing to do with what I’m trying to give birth in my head… you know, as a sacrifice to the IT monster, affectionally known as e-mail.

Now, forget all of that and we’ll lump it in a little bundle called “Just another work day” Now, a Tuesday less ordinary forms. After the meeting and scrutiny of several documents, one response with a thinly veiled accusation appears, criticizing a choice I made, which in retrospect benefited the Company and gave me a little bit more reason to live. Now, we shall just call that a matter of politics and creative interpretation of policy.

Now, if you’d imagine every occurrence today and as trains, they’d be in the direction of the change station with all lights red as an indication to stop. (I had to elaborate that as most times, red just means avoid other cars which dashing across). The single trigger was the fact upon arriving to the airport…

“I’m sorry sir, but your flight is delayed for an hour, and you will probably miss your connection, but i’ll check you in all the way through just in case”

*shock and horror

“Alright… (taking deep breaths as I count to 10) so what would be my option then? What would be the earliest I can get in? (remember… presentation tomorrow)”

“I suppose that would be 1:30pm”

The present will be history… I didn’t lose my temper and was actually glad I wasn’t traveling alone.

We did complete our flight schedule asides from the dash from one end of the KLIA domestic terminal to the other; have never been so glad for a flight to be delayed by 20 minutes.

Guess all is well in Lala Land.

 

 

Comments

Popular Posts