The Winning Numbers please... pretty please...

One evening, I came to the sudden realism that I’m no more living a life slightly less ordinary. I guess it was a slow gradual process, but alas it bit me in the bum. I found myself concerned about buying a house in a good location with ample room to not bump into furniture I am going to get… What kind of furniture? I don't know, maybe do the Malaysian thing of furniture shopping. Oh, what joy it is to furniture shop.

I then dug a little deeper and I found a folder with my MBA essays and application. It was meant to be a grand scheme to escape from “normality”, a declaration that I can be someone bigger than this. They were all dated 2007 and 2008. Lying there, limp, browning paper.

I looked up the current fees for the business school I so wanted to attend (they say, it’s not the MBA but its all about the business school). The horror, it’s the same as a house, all spent in 1 year (well, 1.5 if I chose to take the exchange). The odds of getting a scholarship didn’t look too bad, till I had a peek at the profiles of those who’ve gotten them. I sure hope my ability in creative writing and self-sale would be sufficient (doubtful to be honest).

I don’t want to ask the parental unit for funds, which remains part of the selfish pride, that I’m somewhat independent (though, a room in the house and free food while I’m in KL is still very nice, thanks parents!)

They say, there comes a time when we must all choose… I believe that time would be right after I stop procrastinating.

Comments

Popular Posts