I recall more than 10 years ago

"Gosh, what is wrong with the two of you?! I feel like I'm teaching love as a second language to both of you!"

and hence the advent of the mutual friend. The bridge, the one thing we had in common. If anything goes wrong, the commentator and comfort... not to mention a whole lot of inside info.

Naive and awkward... But I guess we all had to start somewhere.

Looking back, it seemed so simple then, yet absolutely nerve wrecking like it's the end of the world if it messed up.

There's nowhere else to hide.

Yet its strange how asking a girl out proper still induces this immense sense of anxiety, no matter how many times you've tried (and failed).

...in response to the marine cephalopod

Comments

cephalopod at sea said…
heh! the anxiety is part of the whole experience.

if it was without any sense of suspense, excitement, hanging in the clouds - then it'll be all logical and formal and emotionless.

like a terribly sombre, bland, boring face that puts it in more of a statement than an implying request.

"go. on. a date. with. me"

as opposed to;

a slightly cheeky, slightly sweet "d'ya think you'd go out with me, say, this saturday?"

Popular Posts