Listening to: Give, Dishwalla
Thinking of:

Yes M.Lee, I'm hooked! Dang it!

Anyway, a quick entry before I head off...

In a brief lapse of concentration, I find myself thinking about having to leave Malaysia just as I was about to settle in. And in my semi comatose state, I debate if its a good thing or the opposite. The first few weeks in Malaysia has been one of constant anger and annoying the living daylights out of anyone possible... poor dog, has been a victim too. The irony being that I thought I might have actually learnt to be vaguely patient... So as I begin to find myself achieving a balance of the Yin and Yang of living among fellow Malaysians, I'm once again reminded by the fact that I have to pack my bags and hop on that plane again. I found myself strangely saying "its alright" when an idiot cuts in front of me while stuck in traffic and yet find it in me to mutter in hushed breath "Ass" and then wishing that he would slip and fall head first into the toilet bowl while getting up from taking a dump... See, perfect cohesion... Yeah, whatever! Lack of physical aggression towards people I've grown up with I suppose. On the other hand, I still find delight in confusing the bloke at Burger Kings (and anywhere in general) by saying "Yeah, gimme a regular whopper and some onion rings to go" in a strange concotion of accents developed from mixing with the rest of the world instead of just Malaysians.

On the contrary though... leaving might keep me on my toes and I suppose change will at least keep the edge a little sharper as compared to the mundane of repetition. Not that I've done much to respond to change... Not that I can change as fast as the scenery either. But I don't know, I suppose I'll have to learn to make new friends again and yet keep the old. Learn to have fun again, while being responsible... I'm sure it's not a big a change as starting a career, but its still change. To add to it, I'll be doing something totally different from what I've done for the previous years, even if I'm still under the jurisdiction of the engineering school.

Jumping on that plane will have consequences not only to my mental being but also towards my emotional self (yes, surprise surprise... some of it is still alive). I wouldn't want to be cynical until I find my comfort zone, and I'll definitely miss home, family (including fuzzy buddy) and friends. Reading the previous line, I feel as though I'm 14 again... Oh screw it!

Comments

Popular Posts