Listening to: Big Yellow Taxi, Counting Crows & Vanessa Carlton
Thinking of:What to do today...


I just got out from one of my lectures... admittedly the subject matter is indeed interesting and the lecturer is pretty good apart from the lack of diagrams on his notes. Somehow, I fell asleep for the last 10 minutes of the class... and yes, it did seem really monotonous unfortunately.

I'm looking forward to volleyball practice today... not that I'm not any good but hey, I just like it and its good fun... though I think I'm really rusty and ought to be practicing a heck of a lot more. Oh well, we'll see... Cheers to Halim for organising it!

Yesterday was kinda dreary apart from the snow, that was quite amusing... However, last night I thought I'd pop out of the house to catch a movie with Yael on campus. Now, Yael was my flatmate in my first year and one of the very few I keep in relatively close contact with. A bundle of fun when needed and also a dear friend and story telling buddy. Anyway, back to the movie... We decided to catch Spirited Away last night and well, I thought it was one of those feel good movies that played a lot on "traditional" Japanese Characters... think the chickens at the bathhouse, the "Baby" turned mouse and the little bird carrying him. If there was anything I was a bit disappointed about, it was that the ending was a bit too abrupt, as though the producers were really pressed for time (admittedly, it might have been a little too long to have a 3 hour film). But indeed, it was worth waiting the day for. Lesson learnt (or reminded), a little kindness goes a long way... and love does not mean something between a man and woman ending up with them kissing... or in Disney's case... living happily ever after.

Love, think the Greeks got it right this time around when they've got 3 definitions of love... Agape, philia and eros...

Comments

Popular Posts