Note on Notes

Listening to:
Thinking of: Concerto De Aranjuez (ending), Miles Davis


I can play one musical instrument well... it's called the CD player.

Today... I've gone on a Miles overload... I've gone through Sketches of Spain, Bitches Brew and Kind of Blue... It really does seem as though I've abandoned Miles, Coltrane and Mingus for months and then in one short burst, listen to everything. Old school jazz quartets... Masters of their arts! and to most, "It's the biggest load of tripe I've ever heard"

Aha! A terribly elitist comment... Taken off the Chicken Run.

Listening to Bitches Brew... I can't say I don't understand the tripe comment. It's sounds strangely incoherant at first listen and sounds absolutely random for the next hundred listens... if one bothers going that far! Supposedly recorded during Mile's experimental years. Well, I don't get it... I just listen to hope to get it.

"I used to go be put to bed listening to Bitches Brew"

That was from a bunch of Americans dining on the next table approximately a year ago... March 30th, last year. Ah well... good for him then. On the other hand, I tolerate the good ol' Chinese colony occupying the room upstairs with more than just Bitches Brew... though, it'd be strangely apt for the situation. "Shut the fuck up!!"

Comments

Popular Posts