-back from burma-

Clockwise- Girl with a shoe bag, Boy in hat at the Pagoda, Uncle with glasses at his hole in the wall bookshop, Lady selling drinks and local items at Bago, Monk at the Pagoda who kindly showed us around and told us history of lots of stuff, Seafaring uncle with cool tattoos also chief gardener of the war memorial, Art Dealer at Pucho Market, Bago boy selling stuff and playing cowboys, Girl at the steps of the Pagoda wandering whats in my bag and thrilled at a digital camera...

In short, it had character. There are stories to tell and much observation to share. I'll add it to this weekend's to do list. Each face here tells a story, its a pity I don't have more faces to place in that collage, some photos I took for granted, some I was rather shy/ embarrassed to even whip out the small camera. But with all of the images above, there was conversation and laughter. A lot of stories talked about and hours of just sitting about listening to their opinions, tales and some over a drink or two. I'll write something sometime, but for now... after I've done the collage, I feel that black and white don't do justice to the colorful characters.

Comments

lost at sea said…
the guy in specs looks like one of those uncles in KL who sell char kueh tiaw...

welcome back!

Popular Posts