Listening to: Snakes, US3 (some modern jazz, funk, hip hop stuff)
Thinking of:

I suppose its been a long while since I wrote anything on the blog. These days, I'm still as busy as ever. However, be it any consolation I'm now on my 2nd last assignment save the presentation in week 10a and yeah, somehow I've been negating a lot of life, I just realized...

With my trusty laptop (now with spanking new antivirus software) camping out at the library while the couple of me sneaked a snog (not very good sneaking I suppose) :S. However, tonight is X- Raya (formerly known as Krisvali) and well, though admittedly I'm not looking forward to it, I guess its a chance to meet people and show my face. Tomorrow I've got volleyball practice and to be honest, I'm reluctant to go off to Nottingham this weekend as well. If possible, I'm going to hitch the train back as soon as I can. I miss some people terribly but well... its me and the trusty laptop it is.

Now that I've gotten rid of the annoying sad stuff, Jean and Justin are around in Coventry... For those not in the know, they were my housemates in 2nd year and I had a blast that year. Its always nice to see the 2 of them and all... Jean's heading back on Monday :( while Justin is gonna be around for a while. Met them today and I do intend to see them before Jean flies off.

This time of the year, I'm not looking forward to heading back to Malaysia, I suppose I'm caught up in this wave of work and really... Time isn't on my side. I suppose that since others have gone through this before and came out the other side with a scroll, I don't have an excuse if I stumble... Oh help me God! The photo in the previous post was taken this morning... I noticed the mist and all as I walked into the kitchen. Dashed right back to my room, grabbed the camera and dashed out into the frigid cold... Needless to say, I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawed in the morning.

Adlina brought up the topic of Malaysians with non- Malaysian accents on her blog and yes, it did bring a smile to the face. (Oh, finally... the couple in front of me has stopped making out) The number of weird looks I've got when making an order at Burger Kings or McDonalds back home... Seriously, its as though I've got a third eye on my head or a big sign that says "Stare Here" or something... It doesn't help when I explain why I speak "funny", people just either laugh or with an upturned nose go "Oh, one of those..." Sigh, Malaysians... We're a bizzare bunch, but yet strangely unique.

Max no. of words: 4.5k
Expected no. of words: About 3k...
Done so far: 900+ (approaching 1k)

The days are getting shorter and the temperatures are dropping again. I know it's that time of year and I've gotta keep the motivation up... which unfortunately is easier said than done. Oh winter... with the cold, you bring realism and nostalgia...

Angels and Devils... I want to know whats through the mist and it to be clear to see. Are we ever gonna learn to fly?

Comments

Popular Posts