Listening to: 4 Seasons of Loneliness, Boyz II Men
Thinking of:

Exams: Done... Result, have no clue at all but I am feeling a lot more relieved now though.

*warning: has to be reintroduced to reality a step at a time*

First stop: Cornwall! A big thanks to Lainey, Doug, Fraie and Leona for a great trip to the butt of England. Admittedly it was strange sometimes since I'm the only loner single and only undergraduate there but of course the rest did go out of their way to make me feel part of the group. Lots of sights and loads of sounds, loads of fun and constant awe... There are parts that are really touristy but on the other hand, we did meet some local folks who were really helpful in divulging some of Cornwall's secrets. Base camp, Penzance at a little B&B called The Shoreline, our host was the charming Raymond (didn't get his last name) and along with loads of stories and tales from the B&B breakfast, one can't help but to feel a certain affinity with this cheery limping bloke. He does the best fry up breakfasts one can have though its a bad sign for the growing tummy... I had a lot of time to think when we're not seeing the sights and had a lot of walks (which corresponded with the thinking). Thought a bunch about people around me, things I've got to do, how am I going to live next year and sadly, saying goodbye... I hate saying goodbyes... Some say its the start to another hello and that its not the end, yet somehow one can't help but feel its the start of the decay process. Cliffs, pounding waves and awe inspiring sights... it doesn't fail to make one feel insignificant yet special. If I were to compare man made attractions (Eden Project and towns) compared to the natural, one can't help but to think... "How great Thou Art." I would upload some photos but my camera is giving me loads of problems and I think I've got to find a CF card reader. Sigh... There a lot I'd love to write about this trip but of course, the lack of any social skill at the moment and the loss of whatever little eloquence impairs the authoring process.

Nottingham: As soon as I woke up after Cornwall, I was down the M69 on my way to Notts with none other than Mr. Iain Russel my housemate. I enjoyed the trip there as well even thought we didn't venture far. Met his family and Malcom, Iain's dad has an uncanny resemblance to mine in terms of job ventures and places visited... big difference is that dad converses with few words(limited only because the good stuff is used at work, and it has to be said, extremely impressive). Her sister is doing her A-levels as my brother and his mom teaches, a little bit like my mom. The resemblance is uncanny...

It's only 8:38pm and I'm feeling mighty tired... Now to arrange my clothes and do the domestic thing... To Italy or to plan another trip? That is the big question

Comments

Popular Posts