Listening to: Typical Situation, Dave Matthews Band
Thinking of:

Good day? Bad day? Well, I'm rather confused... It started off with me getting the Amazon on my head chopped off and now it looks like a shorter version of my do around the Malaysia Night period but not short enough to actually spike it. Oh well... by some miraculous occurrence, hopefully the hair will grow about an inch overnight. Anyway, for the first time in my life I've had a little chat to the hairdresser dude. So he's this Italian bloke called Nick... Has pretty good dress sense, or at least his clothes justifies the look and his built. He did a pretty good job with me cracking stupid jokes and talking about Italy and my make believe life (which sounds a heck of a lot better than reality).

I got back to do a couple of things and as I folded my laptop monitor down, I noticed it was creaking strangely... Upon closer inspection what I noticed was that the inner hinge of the laptop screen failed with fatigue failure (the only good 2nd year materials has bestowed upon me). Was rather frustrated... I knew Dell made crap laptop cases (or at least their contractors do) especially for the Inspiron 4000/4100/4150 models but this is ridiculous, the thing isn't even 3 years old in total yet (actually, shoot! Its just reached 3 years old which means end of warranty period, crap!) So the situation is that my laptop screen is now held up with only a single hinge and can't be closed down. I think all my electronics are rebelling against me, my camera died, my laptop's broken and my Palm is throwing tantrums against the computer. Sigh...

Anyway, I didn't have anytime to think about it as I had to dash out again to head to campus since I did arrange to meet Matt Germyn up for lunch (have not seen him since the exams) and catch up. So yeah... Matt, Tom and myself headed to the Arts Centre for a "generously huge" panini. It's fun catching up with Matt... can't believe it's been 3 years and a design project since we first met and it took me 8 months to learn his name even though we were in the same halls in 1st year. We talked about Sudan and the ongoing humanitarian crisis in the country as well a little bit of time for prayer.

On the way home back to Leamington, I had a sudden worry fit about my plans next year... I worried what if my good exams are not good enough to pull up the scores for the really bad papers (had 2 of them unfortunately, instead of 1 which I anticipated). It is unlikely that I would've gotten a 1st for my project as well... Sigh, I don't know if I could have worked any harder for this year without being a total geek (well, I am geeky, just not fully fledged... I hope). So there is a sense of "the best just isn't good enough..." If I screw up, I know the tag on my head will read perennial underachiever and I really don't know if I'd be able to actually take this one. Or on the other hand, I could rest in the fact that I'm just plain stupid and really, deserve what I got. Somehow I'm in the notion that the latter one holds true.

Just decided not to go to TopB but instead hang out at home and catch a funny film with a friend. Oh well... the rest of ya' can go Bananas over Top Banana, I'll sit back and watch a funny film... Don't feel like meeting people tonight unfortunately... Just want some time alone.

*Top Banana, a Union event which plays cheesy music in the Market Place and some RnB/ Hip Hop-ish (ala Delicatessen stuff at SUGAR)in the Cooler



*shot taken with nikon coolpix 885 using black and white*



One doesn't miss another any less through with conversation but a consolidation of anxiety and fear. There is always someone of whom's voice we always long to hear... Is it part of being human? I wonder... Sigh... its off to bed for me then, 12:50am

Comments

Popular Posts