Listening to:
Thinking of:

I guess I could write about Italy... But I'll just write about things that are closer to home and heart... Its 3:37am and I'm still awake after just packing up most of my cutelary of which I intend to keep, like the darned Tefal pan... which is by any standard, a gorgeous piece of kit. Tonight as well, the rest of the guys said goodbye to a close friend, especially to Umut... someone he's known for years and to Iain, someone he's come to know really well. I think though the guys hide it so well... I think it broke their hearts. I drove back from campus to Leamington with Imran in the car... I know he was absolutely smashed, trying his best to hide his emotions.

"Have you ever been in love?"

I guess saying goodbye to Mariam didn't really mean much to me since I'd be in Claycroft and hence it makes it easier to see her since we're in the same hall complex, also that I'm not as close to her as the guys are. Tears flowed and there is no shame in that, afterall... aren't goodbyes harder to say then hellos? Especially with people so close to you. The evening was good fun, had dinner at home... and had another dinner there, watched a teenie bit of Big Brother and laughed our heads out immitating the most annoying accents... I guess we must be pretty sad that we didn't decide to go out to some local pub or something, however... the kitchen is where we've spent most of our time together and probably the most suitable of places to say goodbye.

"Say goodbye with a smile and a hug, in that case it'll leave a lovely lasting memory"

I felt quite strange being the only one that didn't feel a little hurt... We went out for a walk (we meaning Iain, Imran and Shruti) out to Hurst and took a look at the painting Shruti drew, with much assistance from others... the "Devil Man" (now in exhibition at the piazza, University of Warwick). We later went back to take a look at some of her other drawings and photos and needless to say, I was stunned with amazement. Shruti's an Indian girl which hails from Madras... Definitely arty with a sharp tongue and opinion to boot. Looks great (like a lot of Indian girls)... Her photos were amazing, pictures of people in various faces and phases, ordinary folks in India doing rituals and doing their business, I swear it looked like something from the National Geographic. I feel like an immature, inexpirienced child after taking a look at some of her photos. Comparing that with the memories of mine, I felt inadequate and out of depth. My prized photos became husks in the wind... I guess it's alright... I'm hoping to be able to grab some photos back in Malaysia perhaps in Penang or Kuantan, maybe it takes practice to get used to it all (hopefully improving the quality of photo taking)

Walking away from Claycroft 2, I felt a certain heaviness within the guys... Not only are they saying goodbye to Mariam but the guys are saying goodbye to an era. We're leaving the house tomorrow. I'll miss them a lot and it won't be the same without them and our random Sainsburys trips where Kelvin somehow hates all offers as it makes him spend loads and how Iain would go for the things only on offer and disagrees with Kelvin. Umut on the other hand happily going around his stuff. I'll miss the car rides into uni each morning, and the coffee and sausage rolls at Viva's while chatting at the Arts Center, guys... I don't know if you're reading this but it's really the most ordinary things that make me happiest, imagine that... I miss listening to Athena in Umut's car and the punk stuff in Iain's. They sure don't miss Dave Matthews in mine... cause its only the 1st time in the UK I'm driving a car with a blimmin' CD player.

So many things have happened in the past week... I don't know where to start. Some of them I'd wait for you guys to find out, and others like the above I thought I'd express myself. I've thought about how I've behaved this year and all the selfish pride did come into play as much as I've tried to avoid it. Kart crashes which really didn't put me off the sport thats given me quite an adrenaline rush (and a little winner's trophy). Volleyball and playing for the Malaysian team... we might be tiny, but we play with our hearts on our sleeves with a bit of a tactical mind (Eek), by the way.

I've just realised I spoke a lot... Oh, by the way... did I mention since we had to turn off the freezer and fridge, I drank all the alcopops in the fridge and the 1/2 bottle of wine. Also in the stash was my Haegen Daz and bits of Iain's...

Its 4 now... I guess I'll sleep and start again tomorrow.


Comments

Popular Posts