Listening to: Porgy and Bess, Miles Davis
Thinking of: Shaking the thumb injury off

So anyway, had the final practice for Notts. games today and somehow I managed to further induce injury to my already battered thumb. So yeah, somehow trying to block a shot or at least to set it in a hopefully promising position, I managed to somehow hit the ball awkwardly and I think it bent my thumb back and sprained it. Oh well, needless to say the rest of the evening my thumb was wrapped in my jersey and an ice pack. However, I still managed to drag myself to the gym for a short ride on the bikes along with good ol' Ning and Jean.

Other than that, I guess my day was pretty ordinary. I was having a conversation with one of my friends today and suddenly I noticed how pretty she actually was. Oh well... I guess its one of those things that you don't really notice until one fine day it you just open your eyes and its right in front of you. Don't get me wrong... there are quite a number of good lookers in Warwick if one would just open their eyes and take notice. There are quite a few who don't seem really eye catching at first sight, but as conversation begins... sometimes the beauty shines... even if its just skin deep. Well I don't know... I mean I don't know nuts about women.

Having already sprained my thumb... I've come to realise how hard it actually is to live without an opposable thumb. When everything from the zipper to the pencil was designed to suit thumbs. Sigh... so if you asked me, for this brief moment I ought to have disabled status, along with the car park space and all!! Oh well, now to convince the rest of the world to think so. To be honest, I'm hoping the swelling will go down like overnight and then it'll definitely relieve a lot of pressure on the thumb itself.



Comments

Popular Posts