Misadventure

Listening to: About a Girl, Nirvana
Feeling: Retrospective…

Admittedly, I am tempted to write pretty angry words in this edition of my blog. Not that anyone has incurred the wrath of umm… Me, but thinking back, I can’t help but feel betrayed when the world around me was tumbling down. Without a doubt the first 2 emotions that flood my heart are anger and frustration… That followed by depression and then sadness and care.

“Come as you are, as a trend, as a friend…”

No, I am no misunderstood genius (Well, if I’m going to be misunderstood, I might as well be a genius, eh? Imagine the phrase… Kelvin Chan, Boy Genius… it has a good ring to it). Heck, I’d give myself a pat on the back if I can first understand myself. On a lighter note and a less emotional one, I had a little misadventure this morning as I was coming into university. So yeah, housemate and I were trundling down the A46 this morning heading towards the motorway when suddenly we realized a long line of cars are being diverted to some little country road… Woo hoo! Fun, or so I thought… So all tragic from that one road converged onto a road meant for a single car. It wasn’t all that bad for me as I wasn’t the one going to be late for a class… Yes, I do go into university a lot earlier than my classes… but back to the story… Anyway, I have never seen my housemate that pissed off with traffic and cussing like mad. Well, needless to say and it does figure that he has an important class to attend. Oh well, so we diverted from our little road to some obscure bridge which (and thank goodness) led us to Kenilworth, of which was vaguely familiar. “At least we got to see better scenery… not that it makes up for the shit…” was what he said after a short while. However, on the other hand… I guess since I wasn’t in a rush I did enjoy that little detour and I did enjoy watching the pretty houses go slowly by and the fields that are bare after harvest. I enjoyed the blue sky today and soon I found myself in my own little world. Country bumpkin boy? Doubt it… I’d probably get bored of the scenery in 2 days… However give me a fast Jaguar and a location like that, I’d take it… It’s not that far from Leamington and well, a decent distance from civilization, all I ever wanted. I guess it’s free to dream… the more I think of it, the harder it seems to ever be successful in Malaysia… To achieve what my parents have continues to float away from me… I don’t know if I can ever recoup the money spent on my education and have enough to provide my children with an education like mine while still having a decent pension for my old days…

Now, on to a different plane of Kelvin’s twisted mind… Today, all the light bulbs in the house just blew. It was just very bizarre… If 1 blew, it would have been alright… However, all of them… and all in a go! That’s just really puzzling…

Listening: Ain’t no mountain, The Temptations + The Supremes

Comments

Popular Posts