I'm sorry, you're sorry, we're all sorry... Hmmpphhh

Listening to:Much Afraid, Jars of Clay
Thinking of:How I'm so dead







Well, I guess that the assignments have gotten me stumped... as in I don't know what to do and where to turn. In other words, I'm cornered by an infinitely tall brick wall that I've got to learn to climb. Any good piece of advice?

Basically I'm a bit disappointed with myself and my lack of ability to comprehend the basics of the matter. If I can't do this... How should I progress once I get thrown into the real world. Each time I think about it, the further my dreams are from me... Is it any wonder why I'm all alone sometimes. Drifting...

I want to drift for a while
Would anyone let me?


I had a conversation with a couple of friends sometime back... All of whom are pretty talented with various talents and some of them are exceptionally good. How about me? Where do I stand in comparison... Lets just say they're sweet like chocolate and I'm like doo. I do wonder why I'm not naturally gifted with great intelligence, a knack to write (that comes with imagination as well btw :P), artistically capable, musically superior and the list goes on... Why do I have to be the mediocre person that I am... I guess its an issue some of us face... Yet, I am thankful to have all my limbs and an average mind and ability to appreciate those with gifts. True, I do feel shortchanged sometimes being in the company of such beings knowing that I can only dream of such ability. But life has so often challenged me to see past all of ability and be thankful for all that I am. I guess having a cousin suffering from Down's Syndrome does help. Having studied in a school across the road from the Malaysian Association of the Blind and so often the occasional beggar on the road. Success is relative however, where I want to be is a dream for many. But to me, ambition is slipping... Now back to my table where my assignments call me. I want an easy way out... but I won't learn.

"Look what I've done,
The picture I've painted,
Doesn't quite surround the edge
But I remember it being much brighter...
"

Much afraid... above and beyond... even the immediate moment...

"Don't stay in bed, unless you can make money in bed."
- George Burns (1896-1996)

Comments

Popular Posts