Listening to: 1979, Smashing Pumpkins



-this one is for you buddy! -


I'm guessing Um is wondering how I can be so cynical... Every hope and every exclamation of joy, I seem to be able to put a damper on it. Every term of endearment, I shudder... I must say the guy does make a tremendous effort for his girl and really, it's heart warming (no, I'm not being sacarstic) and you've got to give it to the guy. He really does make up for any deficiency with sheer enthusiasm and effort. Guess it's part of the attraction, not only is he Turkish (which does no harm in the looks department and a nose for good kebabs!), educated (he's in University doing an actual degree), has a natural beat (plays awesome drums and little drum toys), plays footie and has his own ride (good ol' Astra!). Did I mention he's also kind, compassionate, cheery and dead funny oh, oh... and he cooks too! Next to him... yours truly is an embarrassment.

Maybe that's it, the lack of perfection in whatever dimension that one approaches, no matter whichever path that appears in one's way one knows that one is no better than the drunkard whose existence is determined by an alien substance coursing through the veins or the racist whose ignorance shatters the surface tension of perceived tolerance. Thanks to good company I'm blessed with, I know at least I've not wasted my life away.

It's another day spent indoors and I think I'm getting used to it. If only I can keep my eyes open...

Comments

Popular Posts