Listening to: Stand by me, Ben E. King

Ahh... this song brings back so many memories. Sometimes I wonder if I've lost the spark to actually create memories that are worth remembering. I remember the simplicity of life (then complicated) and just lying down on the ground gazing at the stars by the beach or in the mountains. Wishes made on shooting stars that never came true... recalling the midnight Rendezvous to the coffee shop or stopping by for pancakes after games and not having any appetite for dinner.

I remember just taking walks by myself after a thunderstorm... Or cycling through one. I miss having talks in the dark with those I considered dear friends and the 1st time someone layed their head on my shoulder, that was almost 8 years ago (it ended up being there for 8 hours and crikey, it was hurting like hell after that... long story.)

I remember thinking of those who dearly departed. Those whom I wish still lived and just the glimpse of suffering would reveal in fact an inner strength I so wish I possesed.

I guess memories have dark sides too... I shall leave it with the shadow that follows me through the sunshine.

Comments

Popular Posts