Drivin' down 6th avenue

Listening to: Immortal, Evanesence (if that's spelt correctly)
Thoughts at the moment: How I feel like taking a drive up to Genting or some mountain place just for the sake of driving.

I was just thinking about my future this morning... It all stemmed from talking to one of my colleagues this morning. She's a single mom, working her job in the office and at the same time doing a course in management at night. It did pique my curiousity and I did think about the way she's manage to motivate herself so well. Its a quality I do admire... to continue motivating one's self even through tough times in a continous journey of self improvement. Einstein did say once that if one does not make a major contribution to science by the age of 30, he probably will never do it in his life. Then I looked around at some of the people in my life. Out of university, working for a couple of years.... settles down into this quiet routine of work. With no desire to improve or to excel further... Being the wet behind the ears person that I am, I do wonder... placed in a position of work, will I slip to being a routine runner and head to a comfort zone... or would I want to continue in the quest of making myself a better person in more dimensions than one.

3:46pm
Listening to: Evil voice running through my head
Thoughts at the moment: Should I watch the Italian Job tonight or go for CG

I'm feeling rather uneasy at the moment... A little mixture of anger and disappointment yet also with a certain desire to set myself apart from such emotions and to move forward. Stirring of emotions fueled by vivid memories... definitely not a good combination to feel all cheerful and bouncy. I'm reading a paper titled "A 3 dimensional numerical model for the analysis of pipe flows with cavitation." My first impression, "WHOA!" But what it actually is a mathematical model depicting how holes form and grow in pipe bends. Your plumber would probably solve it easily without all the mumbo jumbo I'm reading.

I remember at the end of 4th form, someone did tell me that no matter how I tried, I'd always be satisfied... but never happy. It's scary just thinking about it... but I think I'll throw it into one of the locked chests at the back of my head. It's not something that I need now.

Comments

Popular Posts