Musically

LIstening to: About a girl, Nirvana
Thinking about: 1. How to get everything back in order following yesterday's brief ordeal
2. How my music taste has changed this year

Ah well, finally after hours of slogging to get info. out of boss's hard drive...(I personally didn't do much and I think I was more of an annoyance actually) I finally got to Aunty Alice's for dinner. Steamboat!! Woo! Now that just made the whole day all worth while. So yeah, after talking and eating for a couple of hours, dad hopped into my car (I went straight after work and met my family there) and I was playing something from Charlotte Church (I keep music like that in the car just for those traffic filled journeys home from the office) and he actually for once, commended my taste on music. It got me thinking just before I got to bed how much its actually changed. Slightly more than a year ago, all you find in my CD folders would be things from the Smashing Pumpkins (which by the way, I still enjoy), Metallica and the like... Well ok, there is the odd Mozart CD there. Returning back to present time... I think my music taste has really become more diverse. Out of the last 10 Cds I've purchased, I think that only 4 of them were actually loud and somewhat "metal" like. The rest have been Jazz (Miles Davis and Ella Fitzgerald) and the likes of Hayley Westenra and Charlotte Church... Have I gotten soft?

Listening Now: Stay, Lisa Lobe

Comments

Popular Posts