Shit, shit, shit

I knew a good day wasn't gonna last forever, a couple of hours into the day and I booted up my boss's computer and suddenly it wasn't loading windows. I also know that there are plenty of personal files in there that are not backed up on the server or anywhere else in the office. First reaction "Oh, Shit!" What I didn't know was the size of the shit I was in. Heck, I still don't know the problem... and its now almost time to zip off from the office if I'm gonna go out tonight. Looks like tomorrow is going to be spent troubleshooting the computer again. Oh well, I guess I've got something set for me tomorrow then. The worst part is, boss doesn't know his computer is well, dead... He's on leave.

Continuation the next day... Oh my goodness, boss just walked in. I am so dead... Dang, where is uggghhh... ok, ok... now look busy!

Much later: Right... now, my task for the day is to retrieve whatever information I can out of the very messed up hard disk, problem is... I don't know where to start. Right, time to pick up the phone book and call the CS and IT fellows that I know. Thank goodness for Azim (strangely enough, he's the only non- CS fellow I called), solution seems tangible enough and YES! It works! Eureka! Now to extract each folder and file one by one....

A couple of hours later: Still doing those files... My eyes are heavy and I can feel them closing... KC is stressed and I'm sleepy. Right... gonna finish all of this and going to format boss's computer. Boss is pretty pissed for obvious reasons, now that I think of it... I really can't blame him now can I? Reading through this entry again, it doesn't seem to hard but believe me, its anything but easy... since I am just an intern who happened to be around when the computer messed up, that doesn't put me in good steed. This expirience has almost put my head on the chopping block... Right, back to those files...


Comments

Popular Posts