Chop, chop!

Listening to: Keep Fishing, Weezer
Thoughts at the moment: Looking forward to the UK, sad that I'm not at Termeloh

Hmm... yes, I am supposed to be at Termeloh at this time today so what the heck am I doing online? Besides the obvious that I'm not at Termeloh, I guess I kinda had a little unfortunate accident due to carelessness though. Right, the day started off pretty well, managed to send mom out early this morning as she's going out with a bunch of people from Church to Putrajaya Wetlands... Was on my way back when I decided to get my car's tires filled up with air (it hasn't been handling well on fast bends and its about time that I checked those tires out anyway). So all was nice and dandy! It really was, early in the morning, got most of what I needed to do done... had a little game with Barkley (my dog) and I still think he's the loveliest creature in the world (though he managed to overpower me and literally dragged me to the ground yesterday... story to ensue)

I finally managed to check out the apartments at Damansara Pelangi and gee, it was small... But unlike my parents who absolutely are freaked by the size, I think its not too bad if I were to live alone or with another person around... Wish they picked a different wall colour though (Mint green, what were they thinking?! Ugghhh...) Anyways, popped by to Ikea since dad and I were around the area anyway... It was a pretty good trip though, bought 3 chairs a couple of cd racks and a bunch of knick knacks. Dad was in a really good mood today, he was happily pacing around Ikea and giving pretty good comments about the layout and really, it was really pleasant shopping with dad this time around (and for once we weren't really rushing for time). Anyways, we were pretty intrigued at the very airport design of the parking floors... No, no... I think its brilliant actually. ;)

As always, being men... we have an affinity to start assembling whatever we bought almost at the instant of walking through the door. So out came the chairs from the boxes and the screwdrivers from the workbox. I used a Swiss Army knife... all was well until I had to cut up a hole in a piece of fabric when suddenly the knife flipped back onto my thumb resulting in a ditch and cutting through a significant distance through my nail. Blood literally was found splattered on various spots at the work area, just short of a slasher flick. The blood has clotted now at least but my tumb is really sore, hey... I still managed to drive out (much) later. In short, that kinda halted all my plans for heading out to Termeloh for Orang Asli work... Sigh... oh well, Christmas! I'll make a special trip out! I had a great time the last time when I went to do OA work about 4 to 5 years back. Anyway, its about time I found my outdoor self again. ;)

Now that I think again, thank goodness mom was at Putrajaya when I chopped my finger. Otherwise I can imagine mom freaking out... Sorry mom, had to say that. ;)



Comments

Popular Posts