Listening to: Gravedigger, Dave Matthews
Thinking of:

Shopping with Jadie the other day at Bicester, I recalled pondering... How far in a relationship should you start buying things for each other? Every corner I turned and in every nook I looked, all I saw were pairs happily hand in hand strangely enough with the guy holding most of the shopping.

I bet if mom read this, she'd burst out laughing her head off and tell me thats what my dad did when he was ahem.... courting her. So anyway, back to the question... Is there an objective time when a guy/ girl should/ could start buying stuff for the other halve. I think the obvious textbook answer to that is no, it depends on each individual pair and yadaa, yadaa, yadaa... (Now that I think of it, there are just so many things where there are just textbook answers and cliches... Perhaps one should just start collecting them and publish them to make a gazillion bucks from it) But when is it that you start getting each other stuff... For guys, is it when you muster up enough courage to ask your girl's bust size or question the touchy issue of clothes size? I guess there are things which don't require the notion of bodily sizes... Jewellary for example I guess is pretty easy, IF WE WERE GIRLS! Now the complicated issue of the "dearest's" style...

But there isn't quite a time isn't there?

"It's even better when there is no money involved"

I suppose the quote above holds true sometimes, yet I'm hard pressed to actually think of a time when no money is involved in anything. I guess if not directly, its in the background somewhere. But I suppose that is only the obvious. But I do agree, the simplest things do make me happiest.



Comments

Popular Posts