Listening to: The Space Between, Dave Matthews Band
Thinking of:

Context: Came home early from a Baby B (A miniature Top Banana, a clubbing event at the union), after a shower...

Y-M-C-A! As everybody else in the small room did the hand actions, some partially intoxicated and most of them laughing and smiling, I managed to catch a glance at the few pairs having toncil wars. Not an uncommon sight in university I suppose... Hormonally charged 20 somethings all with vigour and curiousity, charging their libidos doing silly things...

However, since it is summer holidays and most of the students have fled away from university, it was mainly postgraduates and conference people (as in middle aged, balding and the notion of dangerous is unbuttoning the top button of the high buttoned shirt). One pair that caught my eye and probably my imagination was one of the conference people snogging close to the sitting area. As the image was fused into my corneas and memory, I felt a strange feeling of sadness overwhelming my being... Chances are that they are just office colleagues, maybe married to somebody else, she was seen flirting with another man, he was careful to avoid excessive hip gyration while dancing to the mix of RnB and hip hop stuff at that moment. The weakness of human flesh... Cigarette in hand and woman in the other... Her hand caresses his shiny balding head... What is wrong with this picture?! Yet, I realise that end of the day its their lives and what they choose to do with it is their sole business. Yet the sense of sadness enveloping my being and flowing through the inside was the question if I'd be succeptible to cheating on my beloved should I be placed in the same situation. I hate the thought, I think he was weak, she was weak... but then again, so can I. The flesh is weak... for a moment of pleasure, one can so easily sacrifice whatever one has. To add to the embarassment, it was during the YMCA, of all songs...

"If confronted, turn 180 degrees and run"

I want to able to say I am confident I won't and I want to be confident to say that I will stand by my beloved through thick and thin, sickness and in health... I think this requires some soul searching...


Comments

Popular Posts