Listening to: Only When I Sleep, The Corrs
Thinking of:

Another entry before I head to doing more work. Today work wise, its been rather average... I travelled to Northampton to meet with my group work buddy, Ian and well, since his wife (Alison) is at work... the only company we had were the 2 cats at home... One white, one black... quite adorable. Well, where he lived wasn't really in Northampton but a little village 6 to 7 miles from Northampton. So yes, the main thing is that the work was done and well, its all set to be handed up as we intend to do on this Friday. So thats one down, another 1.5 to go and a whole load of studying before the exams.

Slightly more interesting thing... Well, today being in his home, I realised Ian was a great handiman... basically did most of the house decorating and renovation himself, though it took him a while... I mean, give the guy credit will ya' he's been working and then he's back in university... The way Alison and Ian decorated the house made it very homely. Very well mantained as compared to my rubbish student house... A reasonable garden and lots of sunlight, with the help of great weather as well today. There was a certain quiet to the house thanks to its location and well, its no wonder why Ian finds it so easy to work. Today, I also learnt a lot more about this coursemate and friend of mine... I can only say its a pity he doesn't have a son. The kid would be so lucky... not only will he be spoilt to bits by his would be parents, but also Ian is the kind of person who knows everything about anywhere he lives... What birds are around, fishing, trails in the woods and I don't know... just whatever, wherever... Admittedly, I was rather impressed by what he told me about Northampton and the areas surrounding it, all the way down to Anglia (closer to Cambridge). After we've got rid of our work, we took a ride to where Princess Di's family home is... Well, at least the official residence of Earl Spencer and my was it huge. Driving through country roads and through Northampton showing me where he worked before he was retrenched... I felt bad about it, b'cause I didn't want it to bring back bad memories to him.

I always knew Ian was someone patient and tolerant, also a model student (and I mean by far... he's the hardest working person on the course, and his grades show) but today he let me in to a few of the struggles he's had and how he and Alison would get through it. Think thats quite something...

Comments

Popular Posts