Listening to: Trouble, Dave Matthews
Thinking of:




Taken from a park close to Timmy's house on a hill with the city center in the valley


I got back from Bath last night and well, thats about it for my holidays really. Oh well... I guess when you're desperate, you've just got to put your foot down and work a bit harder.

Bath is a gorgeous place and with insider information (Timmy and Jen) it was great fun too. Thursday night, we descended upon the Ye Ol' Farmhouse, a little old pub (just the way I like it) and got a load of jazz and really friendly company. Drinks were a bit expensive and yes, they had good stuff! Just like all old pubs should be. I mean Talisker and Lagavulin whiskey (both 16 years old)! Expensive, yes! But they're good... I could write an entire entry on the difference, but I'll leave it there.

What was interesting about the Ye Ol' Farmhouse that it was the owner's birthday that night and he's this really smooth gentleman about 70-ish or 80. He had a smokey jazzy voice when he did sing with the band (which was mostly his buddies of his age). Music order of the night was old school swing, bosa nova, blues and loads of Miles- like stuff. To add to the pleasure, there weren't any annoying students but its like locals who were dead friendly. There was even a guy who brought in this massive dog... and I thought Barks was big. The dog was about as wide as my desk and longer than it, and like his owner... ultra friendly, a little friendly bear I thought. Timmy has the photos from that night...



The Circus

Comments

Popular Posts