Listening to: Proudest Monkey, Dave Matthews Band
Thinking of: Monkey See, Monkey Do!

I've got every reason to be happy today, besides just worrying about a bit of work. The weekend started on Friday and though it was a holiday, I made a trip to the library to do some work, little work happened, that I just gotta be honest. So I managed to read a grand total of 2 papers till I went out for a break with Danial, TJ, Marianne and then later the appearence of Halim. So that short break lasted a bit longer than I would've wished but somehow I didn't feel the need to rush back for some strange reason or another. I was thoroughly distracted the rest of the day and that bad patch culminated to a very bad visit to the bank. Somehow HSBC managed to screw up my credit card again. Its a long story and rather confusing since it involves several credit cards of mine. Ahuh... several! So yeah, if you wanna know more... just ask me. That resulted in me being 15 minutes late for my coffee session with Asako. *embarassing*

So anyway, a little trip to Xananas ended up in talking a lot for the next 3 hours. Anyway, had loads to catch up with as we've both have been busy for the past month or so. Needless to say, it was another eye opening period of time and really, haven't felt so relaxed in quite a while... and goodness knows where all the words come from. That made me quite happy in the evening as well... Maybe cause I wasn't thinking of my work *(being irresponsible again)* I do sometimes wonder though Asako, how do you read my thoughts and actions so well? Sometimes it scares me how close you get really... looks like I've gotta call ACME to order a new shield or face. ;) Just kidding there...

Saturday morning, I ended up at the train station and destination... London. I've not gone over for a while so I thought since Weish invited me over, I'd go over and visit using as IC's Malaysia Nite as an excuse. Visiting London for the 1st time this term... Sigh, dear London... its been awhile hasn't it? Anyway, thanks for gracing me with sumptous food for all meals I was there and good company of friends and lovely weather as I walked through your parks and along the Thames. This time around, it wasn't one of those see everything, do everything trips... But really, I think its probably one of the more relaxed ones I've had in the 8 years since we first met. Its a wonder why I ever turned my back on you... The ensemble of shops and restraunts, not forgetting cars to drool for... the Spirit of Ecstacy and the Raging Bull all along with the classic Mercedes 300sl Gullwing (one of my favourite old cars).

My little trip along the Thames to the Hammersmith bridge brought laughter and a smile upon my face. To watch a friend row below and people watching (Yes "Red Cap", I actually went early and stayed back to do people watching... Old English folks, brothers and sisters and partners of rowers and general passer bys). A little walk along the bank to catch a glimpse of what I've never seen though I've always been there. All of this followed by a trip to Imperial COllege for their Malaysia Nite. The play was good though unfortunately, there were too many technical problems and mishandling of the ceremony. Oh well, Cest La Vie' ...

A victory for Micheal Schumacher proved a little bit more of a sparkle to an already brilliant weekend. Well, for those who think I'm just supporting him since he's winning... Well eat this people... I saw him when he drove his first race for Jordan and all those times in Benetton, passing Aryton Senna and even the Great Senna's death. I was like all you Kimi fans who liked the underdog then... only this time, I followed his career! Anyway... back to the rest of the pleasant London story.

Of course, a traditional stop at 4 Seasons for roast duck... Hehehe, that kept me smiling all the way back to Leamington and now I've gotta be heading to do my work... ;)

Now, who would've thought a Toyota would look like this... But get this people, its a supercar... with a hybrid engine... Now, to those who aren't into this kinda thing, a hybrid engined car is always thought to be like a bubble, bolbous in appearence and slow in movement. Now this my friends, is a green car I don't mind having in my garage (now if anyone would just get it for me). Well, performance figures challanges that of most modern supercars, though a tad bit slower... Just about 4 seconds to 100km/h. ;) Now here are the quotes... "Alessandro Volta invented the electric battery and Toyota has created the ultimate for-production hybrid-electric powertrain that sees its first use in the Lexus RX400h unveiled in Detroit this past January. Put the two great moments in circuitry together and you get a supercar commemorating Alessandro's awesomeness and AW's pick for Most Significant at Geneva. It impresses us that 1) Toyota is doing a supercar in the first place, 2) they got together with Giugaro to do it instead of their own ED2 studio in the south of France and 3) it's a beautiful hybrid car instead of looking like a rolling experiment pod. The Italdesign-Giugiaro Toyota Alessandro Volta generates a calculated 402 horsepower from the Hybrid Synergy Drive System in this guise and that takes it to 62 mph from 0 mph in just four seconds thanks to the all carbon fiber body and chassis construction from Giugiaro resulting in a curb weight of just 2866 pounds versus the RX400h at 4000-something. Top speed is limited to 155 mph and average mileage hits nearly 40 mpg. And it could see production by 2007. We have a new market segment, kids!"






Comments

Popular Posts