Listening to: Puppet on a String, Jars of Clay
Thinking of: Air BOrne





Picture of the day...

Zoom, zoom... Today, we (Erik and I) got a car, a 1.4 Honda Civic and headed straight to the country roads. In summary, 80-ish, 90 miles an hour on 2 laned roads with twisty turns. Result, big grin on face... Highlight of the trip, a big jump (Erik did it) with 4 wheels in the air. Sigh... slight adrenaline rush with the rear of the car trying to break loose while taking sharp turns. Its nice to feel the wheels struggling for grip under the control of the steering wheel again, shifting at the red line and feeling the car lunge forward from gear to gear. It was a 1.4... not all that powerful, but sufficient. Now, if I'd just commit myself to the Audi A4 1.8.

I know Danial is going to chide me for being oh to undecided and whimsical for wanting a car and not wanting it again... But I don't feel like spending money on a car... I know its so bloody convinient but still... "You're a student, so be a student and take the bus..." I think someone mentioned that to me earlier this year. I don't understand why I'm willing to part with money so easily on little things like clothes and food, but car? Hmmm... take a year to think and still be wondering. Have I gotten the side of my parents that is to be wary about investing in a car (Dad took almost a year to decide if he was going to get his car... hmm... uncanny trend), or am I just fickle?

I did enjoy my drive today... Just the shifts, I wasn't smooth since the Civic has a snappy clutch and well, I'm not used to a stick shift. Downshift before the turn in, turn and then full throttle out of it with front wheels struggling to grip the road (the Civic was a FF car, kinda potong steam a bit... though predictable).

Somehow I feel a bit sad thinking that 2 people I would like to have around are going to be away for most of the holidays. I mean, who would I then have to bug?! Sigh, guess it'll give me more excuse to concentrate on my work. Every coin has 2 sides...

I was talking to this bloke the other day and how he used to hang glide loads... Well, the closest I've done is parasailing but one thing is for sure, I do wanna get on one of um' flying triangles and head to the sky. The sky from what I've expirienced is amazing... There is nothign like the air around you, its strangely peaceful when u're alone up there without anyone and anything to stand between you and an absolutely amazing view. Free as a bird they say... Indeed... Coming back to earth is with a thump... like life itself.

Comments

Popular Posts