Listening to: Dizzy Moods, Charles Mingus
Thinking of:

Goodness, I really feel like a drive... Thinkin' about it, I really should've gotten that car in the beginning of the year. I mean sure, the drive thing is impulsive but dang it, it would be so much fun just roaming around b- roads at night. The last couple of times with friends weren't bad at all... especially the one with Danial. Kinda like the way he's confident in turns and all. Even the corner of which I forgot to remind him about... It was tight and tires squeeling, fun... I'm sure it would've been better in the driver's seat. But hey, I'm not complaining. I miss my old civic... it wasn't powerful (1.6 Vtec) but it was fun.

I was driving back one night (when I had a car) from university heading up Gibbet Hill when I noticed the lights of a VW Golf coming at me pretty fast. Now I admit I wasn't slugging around, but one thing's for sure... the GTI (or at least I thought it was) had loads more power then the 1.4 I was driving. Doing approximately 75mph (120- 130kph) through the broad s turns. What he didn't know was to control his car... He zipped past me on the outside while climbing the hill and swerved back in to the left followed by a right hander. The road on the left was bumpy and the moron swung the car a bit too hard onto the right lane (which is almost blind at night) and then swung back into the bumpy left side. This from my view really threw him into disarray and he almost lost the back end a few times in a bit of an uncontrolled fashion. (car swerving left and right). By the time he arrived at the lights, he lost so much time (I slowed down quite a bit for safety's sake, hey I had to return the car ok?) that I was right back on his tail. Nope, I wasn't even racing the bugger... So then, he turned left at the lights and I kept heading back to Leamington, a leisurely drive. I've driven the Golf before and its such a forgiving car. You can do almost anything you want with it and it'll still be pretty well composed, I guess it would a nice car to have, but I guess the call to more sporting cars (think 3 series and A4) has its large appeal. I admit that I'm not that good a driver... technically and intuitively so yeah cars like the M3 would be wasted on me big time. Here is for a bit more track time and a bit of education... (Still, kinda like taking a look on um' Mat Kancil's faces when one just powers past them in a simple race)


Random wish is to drive a Lotus Elise MKII sometime soon, a roadworthy go kart. ;)

Comments

Popular Posts