Listening to: Piano Concerto No. 1 in E minor, Fre'de'ric Chopin

Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.
Benjamin Franklin

My mind is a wreck... Total study time so far, about a 100 minutes. Sure, its only 915... which means I've wasted almost an hour and a 1/2 today. Desperate times call for desperate measures....

"I know, my God, that You test the heart and are pleased with integrity. All these things have I given willingly and with honest intent..." 1 Chronicles 29:17

I'd like to quote those words... I'd like to say them and mean them... This time around, I'm not going to blame the world and its "obvious" conspiracy against me. However, I'd like to think about a conversation I had one night with a friend of mine a couple of days back... Mentioned last summer by another comrade, "I fear the time when you turn cold towards yourself..."

So often we herald the great and wonderful things that have happened (or in some cases... i.e yours truly, made up) in our more often fragile lives. The fickle fascination of all things glittering and new colours the glint in our eyes. The thrill of the chase, the capture and destruction, the selfish nature of mankind... Have we changed from the days of our barbaric past? Maybe more refined (though eating chicken wings is an exception... hands are the only way to go with that one), more cunning, devious, scheming... Oh Father forgive me... Have I not learned through the tutelage from the many around me?

-Deleted Paragraph-

I digress... In our place, we've got a bit of a mousy issue when one of my dear housemates got stummped by a little furry creature running across the kitchen. Sigh, a mouse! Definitely at the wrong time of the day... when my concentration was returning. So yeah, ended up sealing up the kitchen and cleaning everything when one of us thought, gee... since we're lacking mouse traps or anything of that sort, lets dump some booze on a piece of cheese and hopefully we'll find ourselves an intoxicated mouse hopefully scooting around in circles. Cut to the chase, mouse had some cheese (or at least my fellow housemate claimed toothmarks on the cheese, I wasn't too sure), mouse probably got tipsy and then mouse got sober (must've been one of those rugby mice) and still nowhere to be found. Time to get some mice friendly traps and hopefully we'll give our neighbours a little furry fiend. I'm just kidding... but yeah, got to get rid of it somehow and I think I'm the only one that dares or bothers to do it... Hmm... Cest La Vie

Right, gonna have to head on back to work... reading journal articles about collective pay bargaining...


Comments

Popular Posts